Search My Blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

5 minute Nutella Cake for 2 (or one!)


Today is my husband's birthday. He's been working all day and has no idea what time he will be home. So, instead of preparing an amazing dinner only to have him microwave it later, I thought I would make him a cake.

Only I didn't want to make a huge cake that we would eat a quarter of and toss. I wanted something small that he could enjoy when he gets home from work. Oh, and the other thing is that I don't have time to make him a huge cake. Between diapers and dishes, I wanted to find something simple that I could whip up in a flash.

So, I am going to make him this small nutella cake.  It's a single serving, microwave cake.

And by single serving, I mean that it serves 2 generously! Don't be fooled by the fact it is made in a mug. You need a pretty big mug to make this cake. Otherwise, split it between 2 mugs.

As for the microwave part, I have never really bought into the idea of microwave cakes. I really didn't think that they could possibly taste good or be any good. Well, that is until I made this one.

It's super fast, ridiculously easy, and makes a moist, yummy cake. I'm starting to think I should do this for everyone's birthday!

5 minute Nutella Cake for 2 (or one!)
Makes 1 Large Mug Cake (or 2 Regular Sized Mug Cakes)

1/4 cup Flour
1/4 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 cup Nutella
1/4 cup Milk
1 egg  
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
Nutella for top

Measure all ingredients into a large coffee mug and beat together until smooth (or mix in a bowl and divide batter between 2 smaller mugs). Microwave on high for between 1 minute and 2 1/2 minutes, depending on your microwave. Basically, microwave it until it rises.

Remove from microwave and dollop or spread some nutella on top. Best served warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment