Search My Blog

Monday, October 31, 2011

Kale Salad with Dried Cranberry, Walnut and Boursin


This is a super easy and incredibly flavorful salad. I made this as a Thanksgiving side dish, to complement my mom's massive turkey, stuffing, mashed sweet potato, and apple pie. It was a nice and fresh addition to the traditional but heavy, dishes included in Thanksgiving dinner. And as a bonus, it is chalk full of lots of healthy ingredients.

This would also make a great lunch, summer picnic dish, or dinner side.

Kale Salad with Dried Cranberry, Walnut and Boursin
Serves 2 (4 as a side dish)

1/3 cup Dried Cranberries
1/2 Sweet White Onion or Red Onion, sliced
1/2 pkg Cranberry and Black Pepper Boursin Cheese
1/2 cup Walnuts, toasted
Bunch of Kale, chopped (or Spinach)

For Dressing:
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

In a large bowl, toss all the salad ingredients together.
For the dressing, place all ingredients into a jar and shake. Drizzle over salad.

2 comments:

  1. I like to try a salad with dried cranberries, I like the dark chocolate with dried cranberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fresh kale and spinach in my garden so I used that...omitted the onion as I had none on hand. Made my dressing with equal parts raspberry vinegar and canola oil, about 1 tbsp each poppyseeds and maple syrup, a few cracks of black pepper and paused it in the Magic Bullet. Was fabulous!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete